Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Great Ocean Road - Koalas

Who knew that koalas and Jenny made the same sound in the morning? You never would have expected this sound out of a koala, but then again you wouldn't have expected it from Jenny either.

We spent Saturday morning feeding and petting Spike and Courtney. Did you know that there are two types of koalas? Spike is a short haired koala from Queensland (pictured with Colin) and Courtney is a long haired koala from Victoria. Courtney had a two week old joey in her pouch (and no...I am not referring to a kangaroo, baby koalas are also referred to as joeys).

5 comments:

Deena said...

Yeah!! I have been waiting for an update... I enjoy living vicariously through your adventures! Greta loved the pictures of the Koala's, but wondered why they have grumpy faces. She is so random! I think they just look cute.

Terri Kofoed said...

Who knew that reading your blog would be so educational! I love the updates, pictures, wisdom and tour of Australia I get from your site!

rhondas view said...

being in new places, experiencing new smells, faces, and the variety of activities is just so amazing! you guys must just love being there...i mean...koalas! fun!
thanks for stopping by and leaving the comment jenny. i hope you enjoyed the holidays and happy new year!

beckyc said...

Great family shots with the kids and the koalas. I had no idea that you you made that "koala" sound, actually I guess I just didn't know what to call the sound you made. And now I can't wait to hear you mimic that sound so I can really understand the making of a koala/Jenny noise. Very educational. Kids looked cute and relaxed, so did you and John. Hope you had a very nice trip and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Love you all.

Kim Chapman said...

I can't believe you could get that close to them. So cool. So great to see all the fun goings on over there. We miss you guys.