Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Great Ocean Road - The Birds

After the waterfalls we went for brunch at a country store. As we waited for our food, we were able to feed wild birds out on the patio. The kids enjoyed every moment, especially Jared who is fascinated with birds. He can follow/chase and watch them for hours. Isabella also enjoyed feeding the birds, but didn't necessarily like having them eat out of her hand. Brunch turned out to be a long affair because Jared wouldn't eat...he was too distracted by the birds. We finally had to feed him his pancakes when he would pause for breath as he pointed out all of the birds.

7 comments:

ashley said...

Jenny, these pictures are all AMAZING. Thanks for all the great updates. I sat by Benji, a 6-year-old boy from Sydney at a show at Disney World earlier this week. He talked my ear off and was so cute. I told him we have friends living in Melbourne for a year and he told me he'd tell you hi if he sees you.

Julie E. said...

The "Ashley" comment is really me : ).

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

I LOVE your photos. Such great animals and memories. I love the colors on the parrot. Thanks for sharing.

Tristan said...

What fun adventures you are having. And your kids are learning so much, too. I love it. Hope you had a great Christmas.

beckyc said...

These photos warm and brighten my day. Very artistic.
I miss you all and look forward to seeing you in February.

Challburg said...

Beautiful! What an amazing experience for you and the kids. One (hopefully) they will never forget!

Kati said...

Your kids are seriously so lucky! What an amazing education and "once in a life time" experiences they are getting while you are there! So AWESOME!