Saturday, October 25, 2008

Brighton Beach

We headed to the beach yesterday and chose one close to home. It was a gorgeous day. Jared had fallen asleep on our way, but didn't sleep long...only long enough for me to snap a picture. The kids enjoyed splashing in the water, being buried in sand, collecting hundreds of shells and digging holes. John and I tried to convince them that if they dug long enough they would eventually make it all the way to Texas, but we didn't have any takers. In summary, only Colin was brave enough to completely submerge himself in the frigid water, the children only brought home two shells (much to their displeasure), and it is definitely warm enough to wear a swimsuit in early spring (late October).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your fun explorations! I took your test and knew all the animals, it's the birds I did not know! Keep up the fun blog! Terri

Terri Kofoed said...

We miss you but Australia looks like a fun place to be!

Sarah said...

Here it is - the official first comment from Sarah. Julie H. gave me a hard time today, so I had to put something up here. My kids don't think it's fair that you guys are swimming in Oct. I love the blog. I know that you will do lots of things while you're in Australia, but I am confident that when you look back on your life it will be all the fun and exciting things we've done together that will make you say, "Now THAT was awesome!!"

Melanie said...

I'm jealous seeing you guys at the beach while I'm wearing a fleece and battling a stiff north wind here. I'm sure you'll feel the same next winter when it's summer here.