Thursday, October 22, 2009

Only in Australia -El Camino Alive and Well

For those of you who thought the reverse mullet of the automobile world (party in front, work in back) died in the 1970's, think again. The El Camino is in fact alive and well, having taken refuge down under. It is unbelievable the number of these that you see down here. We rarely see an SUV or a true pickup truck, but can't go two minutes on the road without seeing a "Ute" as they call them here.

Below is a sampling of some of our favourite utes that we have seen.


Wait, there is more. They are even seen as Taxis.
And our all time favourite Ute, the El Camino Police Car.

4 comments:

tamara said...

YIKES...those are my least favorite car EVER...LOL...that's so funny. The taxi was really odd looking.

Unknown said...

These are the coolest cars I have ever seen. I love this...

Tami said...

Those are so much fun!

beckyc said...

I found that taxi....how many points do I get?