Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One year in OZ

As of today we have been in Australia for one year. In honour of our one year anniversary and in response to multiple enquires, we decided to let you in on a little secret! John does in fact work here, a lot! While it is true that we have seen a lot of the sites over here on the other side of the world, our day to day life is far from spectacular. John works. Colin, Brooklyn and Isabella go to school. Jared is a two year old. Jenny does mom things...including cleaning, driving and laundry. Really not too different from our lives in Dallas.

7 comments:

Olsens R Us said...

Sorry, after all of your exciting blog posts, I'm not buying it LOL! I too have been trying to figure out where John has fit work into all this fun you are having, and when you manage to find time to do laudry in between adventures! I really love living vicariously through your Australian wanderings....and watching your kids in pictures just makes them seem like they are growing up so fast! Any idea how long you guys will be there?

Melissa said...

I was wondering...I thought you were just traveling around Australia 24-7 with all those pictures! Well, it looks like you have had a wonderful year. Do you miss the US?

Kathryn said...

How long are you guys staying? I thought it was a year long transfer? We're about done with our year, but I'm not signing up for more...

Melanie said...

I can't believe it's been a year...my my my - how time does fly! So, we would all like to know another secret...when are you coming back?? We miss your family!

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

I completely LOVE your photos. I would love to come and travel there. It is good to know that you aren't all play and some work is being done. (he, he...) The earthworm is disgusting. Yuck.

Tami said...

Great pictures as always. I Love seeing the kids and watching them grow. Your picture is great, too! I think it is awesome that you are taking advantage of your short time there to take lots of trips. We did that when we lived in Hawaii. So much fun!

Sarah said...

We miss you! Come back home!! Everyone looks great in these photos.