Saturday, June 27, 2009

Only in New Zealand

As if driving on the wrong side of the road weren't hard enough, in New Zealand they try to further throw you off with odd road signs.
Interpretation: curve ahead, 65 alternative routes possible.
Interpretation: We don't plow our roads so watch out.
Interpretation: Watch Out! Something very dangerous is coming up, but we are not going to tell you what it is. Seriously, they have these signs all over, but rarely mentioned what you should be looking out for.
Interpretation: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
Interpretation: Here's your chance to break wind!
Interpretation: Kiwis can't fly and aren't necessarily fast, so don't hit them.

We thought that only Australians made huge animalia edifices, apparently we were wrong because we spotted this trout in Rakaia, New Zealand.
New Zealand even takes it one step further, it has large fruit monuments as well.

8 comments:

Julie E. said...

Thanks for the good laugh - the exclamation point is my favorite!

tamara said...

LOL..these were all so funny! If nothing else, these signs would keep you entertained during long drives...thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Looks like the world headquarters of Fruit of the Loom?

beckyc said...

interpretation: you had a great time on your trip, you arrived home safely and all is well. The fruit looks good enough to eat (if I were a giant) and that trout, throw it on the fire, get out the tartar sauce. MMMMMMM fish fry.!!! You have to admit they do have great exclamation points.
Love ya

Terri Kofoed said...

I think you should take all these pictures and make a cute children's book out of them.

Julie said...

I love that first sign...looks like a dangerouse catapiller or something! Knowing me, I would get in an accident just looking too long at the curious signs...
What a time you are having!

Melanie said...

They need to get some exciting signs like this in New Mexico....I seriously can't think of a worse place to drive through.

Tami said...

I love the laugh I get from all these great pics. I agree with Terri, you should totally make a children's book when you get back to the states! So much fun!