Monday, December 28, 2009

Jervis Bay

We decided to take a road trip after Christmas up to the South Coast of New South Wales, specifically Jervis Bay. White sand beaches, beautiful blue skies and a laid back atmosphere make this one of our favourite spots in Australia.

The kids enjoyed playing in the water and in the sand.
The boys each got boogie boards for Christmas and everyone had a go on them.

One of our favourite past times on the beach was building 'snowmen'. We felt a little bit bad missing out on the cold and snow of the Northern Hemisphere, (okay we didn't really feel bad, but at least we were thinking about y'all freezing in the north) thus our attempts at snowmen in some of the whitest sands on earth.

Our laying out snowman!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Merry Christmas! You guys look like you had a great time. I am looking out at my yard & the 10 inches of snow out in the yard. I am a little envious of where you are right now!

Carlyna said...

I LOVE the snowman! You guys look like you are really enjoying and taking advantage of your time in Australia.

Kim Chapman said...

Ummm.... I said I would go to a meeting on 11 January in Dallas under the assumption that you would be stateside by then? Who am I supposed to hang out with? Work folks?

Tami said...

Great pictures! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Love the snowman and happy that someone is enjoying the beaches while I am suffering through the cold...
I am dittoing the Chapman note, only I won't be back in Texas. When are you returning? We miss you!

The Kansas Stephens said...

Okay that looks so Perfect!!!!!! I would love to be making snowmen in the warm sand. I would even take hot sand right now. It is so blasted cold and we are getting a second round of 4-6 inches on top of the first 6-8 inches. I feel like I am back in Minnesota where the snow falls and falls and the cold just gets colder. Have a blessed New Year!

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

LOVE the snowmen! So cute! What a gorgeous beach!